Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Waiting Game

38 weeks, 4 days.

At 38 weeks I told AJ my pregnancy has really flown by! 4 days later, I'm rescinding that statement.

This is the waiting game, and in case you need a visual, this is what I look like right now, waiting in our recliner at home, hoping this baby lets me breathe soon enough.



For what am I waiting? The obvious:

  • For our delightful little one to join us (much farther away from my lungs than he/she currently resides).
  • For the beginning signs of labor, so I can finish packing my bag and start deep breathing.
  • For an end to this journey of pregnancy, despite the respect I have for my changing body.
  • For the opportunity to embark on this parenting adventure with AJ.

The less obvious:

  • For motivation, for signs of Spring, for ways to keep my thoughts occupied.
  • For my emotional roller coaster to take off, after a 9 month incline, down that anticipated hill of motherhood that will likely include plenty of waterworks, twists, and delight!
  • For a more tangible sense of purpose to my life.
  • For the chance to begin speaking words of kindness, encouragement, and love to our little one without the bodily barrier my belly presents!
Today my doctor hoped for me that the next time I saw her would be in the delivery room. I imagine I will see her in a week, at a regular check up. Of course the baby's in charge at this point, and I am totally okay waiting for his/her lead. It's just the uncertainty that makes this a waiting game like I've never experienced. A few days? A few weeks?

Only time will tell, so good thing I have plenty of that on my hands these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment