Tuesday, June 18, 2013

welcometoemily'sworld


I have changed.

whereDON'Tigofromhere.

A taste of true peace.

I couldn't decide...

How do I say it? What words are best to describe this feeling? This energy and focus. The desire to smile/cry/laugh/smile/cry. A sense that work is meaningful but not overwhelming. The experience of knowing, in some crazy miracle way, that I am right where the universe aligns.

How's that for a change from my first blog post?

I have changed. In three short weeks, and with the assistance of dozens of friendships renewed on a fulfilling Midwest road trip, I am different. I feel it deep within. I sense a stirring of passion, a calming of spirit, an ease of being. I live for these moments in time- and it is an incredibly difficult phenomenon to describe.

Here is what I can say. After a long while away from the rural small town life, I moved back to South Dakota as a skeptic. I was pretty uncertain that I would find my life to be as fulfilling and exciting as in NJ. I imagined South Dakota as a stagnant land, not unlike a wax figurine of rural life. And while I was grieving the loss of my New Jersey life, things actually looked a little waxy.

But the sure and constant winds of the Spirit (occasionally referred to as typical South Dakota weather) moved me. I am different. I enjoy the friendly atmosphere, the waves from passing travelers on the lonely highway. In fact, I smiled at EVERYONE in the grocery store today, including the three folks I almost ran into with my cart, and they smiled back!

And the truest way I can express this feeling is to say, "Welcome to Emily's World." This is the world in which I yearn to be. This world, a magical place in which I would find myself as a child twirling in the grass rather than fielding my sibling's baseballs, this world is a place where everything aligns, where everyone matters, where the highest priority is enjoying the moment.

Everything is not perfect in Emily's World.

But it is right. It is good. It is peaceful. It is happy. And I might even say, it is holy.

2 comments:

  1. As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Jonah! I think it took a month of convincing, but she just might be right! :)

      Delete