Friday, May 31, 2013

Writing, Providence, and Luck

I wrote a sermon today.

I didn't entirely set out to write one today, but it happened. I started reading Scripture, talking (to myself), typing, more reading, then presto! Sermon material. I suppose that's the way the Word of God speaks. In unexpected ways.

My life these past 24 hours has been most unexpected. I am bursting at the seams to share more, but I have a lot of discernment ahead of me, and this is my desperate attempt to rein in my over-sharing nature. By hinting without substance.

Sorry for that. I know it's pretty annoying to get a partial story.

In any case, I can fully share my pleasure in knowing so many of my friends and family are rooting for me. I am confident in your confidence, encouraged by your enthusiasm, grateful for your presence in my life.

Here's to wondering how in life I got so darn lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment